About the School of Arts and SciencesAn ARTS and SCIENCES education opens portals to the entire world – and we can take you everywhere. An ARTS and SCIENCES education makes us THINK. It lets us DO. Only the human experience it embraces matches the breadth of opportunities it yields. The School of Arts and Sciences make up the academic core of the college.
The mission of ARTS AND SCIENCES is to provide rich learning environments that deepen understanding of and nurture creativity in visual and performing arts. The school celebrates and learns from diversity and values individual differences. Through its teaching, research, and outreach programs, the school inspires to build on its history as a vital force for change and innovation in and through arts.
Philosophy and Specific Objectives
The School of Arts and Sciences seeks to form the socially conscious student who is a concerned Christian, a critical thinker, an effective communicator, and cultured individual. Specifically, it seeks:
- to enable students to acquire a broad, liberal education in the humanities and sciences, and to develop professional competence in their chosen field of specialization;
- to develop in the students the basic skills for effective communication;
- to train students to investigate and analyze problems intelligently, and present result and ideas based on solid data and study;
- to enhance the students’ sensitivity in the appreciation of what is true, good, and beautiful; and
- to form students who are imbued with moral, social, and spiritual values that shape their vision as a member of the family, the church, and the community.
About the School of Education
A TEACHER AFFECTS ETERNITY; HE CAN NEVER TELL HIS INFLUENCE STOPS
The School of Education mission is to provide quality education that is functional, values oriented and responsive to the needs of the individual, the community, the nation and the world, thus turning over to the society a student who is able to assume major responsibilities in the promotion of a better quality of life through research, instruction and community service.
PURPOSES AND OBJECTIVES
To prepare teachers imbued with the true apostolate spirit consciously aware of their role “to teach truth, to practice love, to promote action in a life of service.
- To produce teachers who will be effective participants in the academic community and other fields of endeavor.
- To provide the students with cultural background requisite for an educator alongside with academic specialization, professional training and ethics of profession.
- To promote teachers oriented with Christian principles and human rights concepts for general services of the community with spiritual and moral values as foundation.
- Dean, School of Arts, Sciences and Education
Arts And Sciences
ABAYA, SHEY-PIA G. ARAO, GIRLIE L. BALINGGAO, JIMMY B. BELISARIO, FEBE B. BUMANGLAG, CANDIDA DOROTHY D. CAMPANO, MARIA CONCEPCION O. CAVINTA, MYRNA B CORPUZ, MA. REGINA L. DELA ROSA, GERWIN V. LABRADO, JAY RONALD EMIL JAN D. MADAMBA, MICHAEL B. MALABO, ISABELLE C. NATIVIDAD, ROLEX V. ROSQUETA, JIFFORD D. RUIZ, JENINA GRACE R. SALVA, MACARIO RUFINO A. TABERNERO, GIOVANNI REY A. TULIAO, MARK ANTHONY D.
School of Ars, Sciences and Education